Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Fall is the perfect time to break out the air fryer and make some delicious vegan butternut squash fritters. These fritters are packed with nutrients and flavor, and they make a great vegan meal for Thanksgiving or any other fall occasion. The best part about these fritters is that they’re super easy to make. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, form into patties, and air fry until golden brown and crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Fritters: Hearty great addition to vegan meal
These vegan butternut squash fritters are the perfect addition to any vegan Thanksgiving feast. They’re packed with nutrients and flavor, and they’re super easy to make. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, form into patties, and air fry until golden brown and crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Butternut squash is a great source of vitamins A and C, as well as fiber. This makes it the perfect ingredient for vegan fritters that are packed with nutrients. In addition, butternut squash has a naturally sweet flavor that pairs well with the savory flavors of the other ingredients in this recipe.
These fritters can be served as an appetizer or main course. If you’re serving them as an appetizer, you may want to make smaller fritters. If you’re serving them as a main course, you can make larger fritters. Either way, they’ll be delicious!
So what are you waiting for? Get air frying and enjoy these vegan butternut squash fritters!
Gather the ingredients and a quick overview to make!
Butternut squash fritters are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried foods. They can be made with a variety of plant-based ingredients, including…
1. Butternut squash: I suggest using fresh and if you don’t have butternut squash feel free to use pumpkins.
2. Chickpea flour: You can use your prefer flour but if you want to make this healthy use certified gluten-free flour.
3. Flax seeds: It is the best egg replacement just stir them into water.
4. Parsley: You can use any of your favorite leafy greens but this one is perfect for this recipe.
5. Onion & garlic: Adds an earthy flavor and gives a perfect aroma to these fritters.
6. Salt, black pepper, & cumin: Use to balance the taste, adjust if needed.
7. Vegan sauce: This is optional but a great addition it’s either homemade or store-bought.
To make the fritters, simply combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Then, form the mixture into small patties and place them on an air-fryer basket. Cook for 10-12 minutes at 400F, flipping once during cooking. Enjoy as is or serve with your favorite dipping sauce. These fritters are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults!
They are easy to make and can be a great appetizer or main course for your next vegan meal. So what are you waiting for? Get air frying and enjoy these delicious vegan butternut squash fritters!
Looking for more holiday vegan recipes to add to your vegan diet?
Well, satisfy your tastebuds with our healthy and delicious: Mini Pumpkins Cream Puffs, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Vegan Maple Pumpkin Overnight Oats, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Apple Cranberry Crisp, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Butternut Squash Pancakes, 20-minute Pumpkin Soup, Air fryer Cinnamon Rolls, Delicious Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe, Pumpkin Spice Fudge, Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting, Autumn Salad, Apple Cinnamon Waffles, Autumn Pizza with Vegan Gouda Cheese, Pumpkin Spice Fudge, Delicious Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe, Vegan Butternut Squash Curry with Chickpeas, Teriyaki Tofu-Tempeh Casserole, Butternut Squash White Bean Kale Stew, Vegan Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce, Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie Casserole, Autumn Carrot-Sweet Potato Soup, Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail-Alcohol Free, Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, Dairy-free Pumpkin Ice Cream, Pumpkin Risotto-Comforting Meal, Autumn Spice Pear Cobbler, Roasted Butternut Squash Burger, Pear, Pumpkin, and Ginger Mocktail.
The dishes I’ve suggested are ideal for Thanksgiving Day, the fall season, and even the winter months. They are absolutely delicious and composed entirely of plant-based components. They are a wonderful addition to your vegan diet and, best of all, will appeal to both vegetarians and non-vegetarians, so put them on your vegan recipes bucket list.
Your taste buds will be fully satiated by these air fryer butternut squash fritters! Why not try them out today then? If you wish to cook this again at home or as a reference in the future, save it on Pinterest!
Hearty air fryer butternut squash fritters
Air fryer Butternut Squash Fritters
- Air-Fryer Preheat at 375°F
Start gathering the:
- 7 cups butternut squash peeled, seeded, and grated
- 1 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz. chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp flax seeds stir into 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- cooking spray
Preheat your air fryer!
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F and lightly oil the air fryer basket.
- Using a food processor, grate the butternut squash. Set them aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, and saute the onion for 10 minutes or until soft. Set them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the chickpea flour, cumin, parsley, and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Mix them well until incorporated.
- Then add the sauteed onion, flax seed mixture, and grated butternut squash. Stir them to combine.
- Scoop the mixture and form them into patties and air fry for 10 minutes or until golden brown then flip the fritters and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and dip them with your favorite vegan sauce!
For More Air fryer Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
- Carrot Chips
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Oatmeal Tahini Cookies
- Eggplant Parmesan with Pasta
- Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
To Wrap It All Up
These air fryer butternut squash fritters are a hearty and great addition to any vegan meal. You only need a few ingredients to make them, and they come together quickly. Plus, they’re gluten-free and oil-free!
Connect With Us
If you tried these air fryer butternut squash fritters, take a ? and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, and subscribed to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ?